September 19, 2014

A C.M. Classic: Post #1022

Time now, for the redundant portion of Father Nature's Corner, where we produce another post in the occasional series entitled "Cedar's Mountain's Classics", in which we take an old post from the original five year odyssey that was my first blog and retool, revamp, regurgitate, reactivate and simply reanimate to something very new and very shallow.

Today's classic post is #1022, dated July 8, 2013, entitled Medical Update.

The subject of said post was my lovely wife Joanne, who while camping last year, managed to fracture her ankle. Which in turn necessitated her having screws and a plate to hold things in place. The funny thing about this injury, if you can call a fractured ankle funny (g'wan, I dare ya), is that this is 2nd serious malady (besides giving birth) that she had to have surgery performed in the 27 years that we've been together.

Now me, I am not what you would call to be in perfect health by any stretch of the imagination. In the 27 years we've been together, I've suffered the following injuries: cracked rib, bruised sternum, lens implant, fractured knuckle (twice), tendonitis, cyst removal (twice), kidney stone, and knee drained. Add all of that stupid crap with my very permanent medical malady (no, not the sugar, the other), and I possess a body that even Burke & Hare would not touch.

So basically, I came in first for a race I did not care to run or win. Being first with most broken body parts in a relationship is definitely not what it's cracked up to be.

Nevertheless, I need to put a new twist on this post, so instead of a medical update on myself, which would be duller than dull, I give you instead, Tom Lehrer. Have a Happy Friday everyone, and make sure you turn into Monday's post for a very special announcement!



(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

6 comments:

  1. Giving birth can skip being a "serious malady" if you go for the drugs instead of natural. In my day I did not have an option and let them bring on the drugs only to awaken to beautiful, perfect children believing child birth was a breeze....until I held my daughter's hand during hers.

    That ankle fracture sounded a bit horrible. I am sure you were a wonderful and caring nurse for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G.A.: She had C-sections with both kids.

    It was, especially since she didn't realize it was fractured until she went to the ER the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good old Tom Lehrer! He's brilliant.

    My health blessings are too many to count. I'm doing pretty good for 42.

    ReplyDelete
  4. S.R.: Yes he is. And he's still alive and kicking too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not heard of Burke and Hare! How sordid and nasty.

    But methinks you are too hard on yourself.

    And having had a fracture, OUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. M: Sometimes I am. But if I wasn't, who would hold me accountable?

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.