August 22, 2014

A C.M. Classic: Post # 99

Time now, for the redundant portion of Father Nature's Corner, where we produce another post in the occasional series entitled "Cedar's Mountain's Classics", in which we take an old post from the original five year odyssey that was my first blog and retool, revamp, regurgitate, reactivate and simply reanimate to something very new and very shallow.

Today's post will be a riff on a very old post, so old in fact that it dates back to roughly when the Messiah was first elected to run this good country into the ground. Post #99, Golden Texas Tea (yeech, even the title sucks), was basically a good old fashioned background dump...a very bad cringe-worthy background dump. The kind of background dump that neophyte writers make...like I was back in 2008.

Anywho, riffing on this post.....where or where do I begin? I suppose I should begin at the beginning, right?

Right.

Back in the day, which in this case was the time frame 2006-2008, I thought what I wrote was good (ha! we say in hindsight) enough to be published as is (double ha!). So after I wrote the novel that will never be mentioned by name, I decided to write a follow up. I wrote a bunch of bizarre 2nd p.o.v two page shorts as connectors, which were quickly followed by a few bizarre short stories, of which the aforementioned post title was one of them.

The story itself wasn't very good, as most initial attempts go, but since I needed some cannon fodder for this blog, I decided to post the story in its entirety. Since this was back in the day when I was posting on a punishing pace of twice day (honestly, to this day I don't know why I did that), it only took a couple of months to post the entire thing. Fortunately for me, not too many people commented on the entire story, which speaks volumes to the amount of people who read my blog back then.

Hmmmmm...it does seem that I've slipped into the old habit of skipping a paragraph or two while I was writing this again. Short version: in high school, sometimes when I wrote essays, I had an annoying habit of leaving out a paragraph or two, which in turn left many a teacher puzzled and confused, including this student.

Oh well, since this is my blog, I can pretty much write any which way my tiny little warped heart desires. So....if you got some intestinal fortitude, a strong spine, a strong stomach and the ability to decipher writing that was written rotten, I invite you to explore the tag "Long Short Story" to read my slush story. And keeping in line with how much I truly care about my readers, I took the liberty of deactivating an interior link. It seems that when I went to test the link, all kinds of "WARNING! WARNING! WARNING WILL ROBINSON!" bells and whistles were set off by my anti-viral software, so with discretion being the better part of foolhardiness, I went back to the safe confines of said blog post.

And if the story starts to sound familiar, it's because roughly 3 years later, it became one of my better known incompletes called "A Lascivious Limbo".

So my friends, I leave you with this little cliché that very bad writers and people who love the weekend use with a greater degree of frequency that they care to admit:

The world indeed revolves around you.


(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.