January 25, 2014

Toasted.

Work, to put it mildly, has tied me to a tree, pulled down my pants, paddled my butt with a cricket bat until it turned cherry red, then poured Kentucky bourbon on it to accentuate the pain.

I have been toasted to the point where you take the butter knife to scrape off the black in order to find me.

Long story short, I have been psychotically working 5 to 6 day weeks since early November, covering (among other things) 3 payrolls (soon to increase) and my spirit and soul has finally reached that level of comparison to a chocolate bar on a hot summer day. It has taken quite a while to reach that stage and sadly, everything has now suffered because of it.

Like writing. Well, we won't go there 'cause I whined enough about it already. But blogging, ahhhh there's the rub. Or rube in this particular case.

My brain/body currently is in a perpetual state of yecccchhh and as such, my blogging has become extremely scattershot. I'm hoping to get back into some peculiar state of sanity, but frankly, I don't see that happening anytime soon unless I switch jobs. Or my current job hires more staff, whichever comes first.

While this post is nowhere near being a throwaway, neither is it anything of substance other than letting everyone know just exactly what the hell has been going on with me and future state of my blogging.

In a nutshell, my blogging will be scattershot and/or sporadic until things start lighten up at work, which with the way things are going now, should be happening around March. Maybe.

However, on the bright side, I decided to make my profile avatar match my Facebook avatar, and thus the gentleman that you see pictured is my late father, Professor G.B. Miller, Sr.

(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

13 comments:

  1. I hope they hire some more staff at your place! In the meantime, reserve your precious leisure time for relaxing and decompressing from work. That's more important than blogging at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra: I'm hoping so too. We have new person starting in February, and hopefully we'll get a recently vacated position approved.

    I used to decompress and relax by blogging, but now it's becoming difficult to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad because your blog has been new and interesting but everyone deserves a break especially when holding a full time job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G.A.: More of a self inflicted break than anything else. As of late, I seem to be running out of steam by the middle of the week, which makes things go to pot with my blogging & writing.

    And I thank you for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! I hope it eases up a bit.

    I was wondering who the handsome man was - he looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M: One way or another, it will.

    And thank you for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, being overworked is not fun at all. I'm glad to read (further up in the comments) that relief is in sight, although not soon enough.

    It's nice to see a picture of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. S.R.: In one form or another, relief will come.

    I thought it would be pretty cool to have a pic of my dad floating around, kind of like of tribute of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new avatar. As for work, I hate grueling hours like that. I don't know if you get overtime, but back when I was working 70-80 hours a week of forced overtime (while being salaried) I just remember thinking, "Awesome, I'm spending these extra 40 hours here for free."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your posting schedule is no worse than my own. Do what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ABFtS: I'm currently working 5 to 8 hours of overtime a pay period and it's becoming mind numbing.

    As for those free hours, yeah, I used to have job like that many many years ago. Eventually though, the company paid the price of making their managers work for free by paying a lot of people back pay, after someone made a complaint to the Dept of Labor.

    Bearman: I've always tried to be consistent with my posting schedule, and like you, I always try to go that extra mile by letting my readers know if something out of the ordinary is cropping up.

    We shall see what the upcoming week brings to us, although I'm not holding out much hope.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, so THAT's where you are. Was starting to worry. You must be one numbers whiz to be in such demand at your work. Hope they appreciate you!!

    Yes,, LOVE that pic of your dad, nice choice. taken in 1977?? :)

    xooxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jannie: Yeah, I'm a numbers whiz alright. Not so much being in demand as being someone's personal whipping boy.

    The photo was taken, I believe, in the 80's or early 90's. It was his old passport photo.

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.