January 30, 2014

A C.M. Classic: Post #515

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls and Childrens of All Ages! Father Nature's Corner is prouder than a rooster who planted his seed in a dozen hens to present to you, a serious blast (like 3 1/4 years old) from G.B. Miller's blogging past.

Cedar Mountain post #515: I Just Wanna Be...

Now, back in them there Springsteen Glory Days, I would write about all kinds of weird things and would often talk in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th point of view. Yes, 4th point of view does exist Madeline, it's called carrying on a public conversation with yourself.

Anywho, in that particular post, I was carrying on a conversation with myself and bitching about both my sanity, my lack of people skills, my health and my writing, all at the same time.

Strangely enough, it's deja vu all over again, as some 3 1/4 years later, I'm still bitching about the same things. To whit:

1} My sanity. Yeah, working 5 to 6 days a week combined with very long restless nights creates the kind of G.B. where the two initials stand for something other than (hint, one of the words is in the preceding paragraph) his first name.

2} Lack of people skills. Some 3 1/4 years later, my lack of noticeable improvement in that category has caused me to be passed over for a promotion this month for a person who didn't work in payroll for 5 YEARS but has mad people skills. Which naturally should compensate for said lack of PAYROLL SKILLS, right?

Right.

3} My health. 3 1/4 years ago, I was complaining about my CMT flaring up and giving me grief with things related to writing. Well, let's lower that quotient, shall we? We have gone from having the occasional flare up to having a permanent case of the dropsies. You name it, I've had it unexpectedly slip from my hands, often with disastrous consequences. Add into the mix cold weather and chapped/dry skin from washing them too much (no, no OCD, only the issue of using the facilities a lot and thus making sure my personal hygiene is where I want it to be) and cuts that do no heal, and you got someone who can make the Grumpy Cat look like positively angelic. Did I also mention how walking/standing/sitting is more severely overrated than newspapers with screaming headlines about how ObamaCare is really really really good for you? I thought so.

4} Writing and blogging. Well, we all kind of know where my writing has gone in the preceding 3 1/4 years. We have this, this and this, as positive proof that I done good. As for blogging, well, I think we know what's what with what, what with the fact that Cedar's Mountain is now a wonderful archive of 5 1/2 years worth of mildewy strangeness and our current blog, while not the biggie wiggie jiggy hit of yesteryear, but not of yesterme and yesterday, can still pack a punch when it needs to.

5} Publicly talking with myself. Ya know, that hasn't happened on this blog yet and I don't know if it ever will happen. It's been a brutal 2+ months here on the Miller homestead and basically, I just haven't had the gumption to get that vapid politician-style of speaking going again.

And thus my friends, so ends another gooey chewy, but not Huey, Dewey or Louie unless you deep fry those bad boys with Cajun seasonings and Jimmy Beam, post.

Tune in next time when we hear the Swedish Chef say.....



(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

7 comments:

  1. In the words of Mr. Miyagi, "Different, but same." I'm glad you are still blogging, G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your wordplay in this post, especially "mildewy strangeness" LOL! That phrase could describe my own blog archives too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn: Thanks. It's been a rough few months, and trying to keep a positive attitude on the blogging front has been an adventure to say the least.

    Debra: Thankee.

    That was another thing that I used to do well, verbal foreplay for the masses. :D

    C.M.'s archives is truly one of a kind. Wish I could harness it and do it all again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So do you want a vapid politician-style of speaking to be going again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. G.A.: I think so. Granted, I've been a little rusty, but because I work for a state entity, I should be able to slip right in without any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I missed the 2010 post...must have been on a trip.

    If nothing else, you are clean! I appreciate that.

    Seriously, hopefully things improve but until then, vent away :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. M: Clean is only a state of mind. :D

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.