May 6, 2014

To Recap The 2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge

I is back.

I had a wonderful weekend off, thanks for asking. Before getting back into the swing of things, I thought I would share of few thoughts and give a happy recrap (as Ralph Kiner once said) of the recently complete 2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge.

First off, I would like to thank all of my new readers, new passerbys and my faithful regulars for stopping by and/or putting up with my successful exercise in mental gymnastics for the month of April, as I really couldn't pull this off without your support.

And now, to the happy recrap.

I managed throughout the month of April to get a very nice uptick in traffic courtesy of my fellow bloggers and Facebook fans. Whether this stays the course remains to be seen, but am truly honored by the fact that my follower's list more than doubled from 12 to 27 last month.

For the most part, I managed to meet my modest goal of commenting on at least three new blogs per day for the majority of the challenge, although I did stumble a bit at the end. Also, I decided to do a little housecleaning on my blog subscriptions by terming out about a dozen or so blogs and replacing them with ones gleaned from the blogging challenge, which will eventually make their way into the reading list on the lower half of the front page.

Another thing on the plus side is that two of my posts (the letter L and the letter Q) were shared elsewhere, so I'm pretty happy about that. And you have to admit, the whimsy at letter W was one of my best flash horror in quite sometime.

Finally, I can honestly say that although I had a rockin' time doing this ginormous blogging challenge, I think this is going to be just one and done. I wanted to see if I had the patience and the stomach to actually see this challenge all the way through to the end, and ultimately, I did.

And that, my friends, is the happy recrap of the 2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge as it applies to this blog. Until next time, I leave you with yet another flashback.



(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting it done. :) I see I'm not on your blog list - was I termed out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you doubled your followers! Never say never. The next Challenge is still a year away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had almost forgotten completely about the Bartles and James guys. So funny! So, you don't think you will do the challenge again? Who did you enjoy finding the most out of the other participants?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulatons on getting to the end of it G.B. It was a very interesting month all told :)

    Fil
    Fil’s Place - Old Songs and Memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn: Thanks.

    No you weren't. It was an oversight on my part and I sincerely appreciate the fact that you brought to my attention. I immediately rectified the situation and added you to my blog list.

    Alex: This is true. One should say never, but for now, we'll give it some deep thought.

    G.A.: I'm not sure now. I was definitely leaning that way when I wrote the post, but now....anywho, I'm not really sure yet. I did follow/subscribe to almost two dozen new blogs, but it will take some time to figure things out. I know some of themes were really interesting, especially the one where the blogger did an A-Z of all the things her husband broke.

    Fil: I definitely would agree with that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I am super impressed! Cool on the new followers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. M: Thanks.

    I'm super impressed too.

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.