First up, a fresh new post at I Are Writer!
|I Are Writer!|
Seriously though, the immediate issue that has cropped up with the not-so-new-but-definitely-retooled-Father-Nature's-Corner, is uniformity. To whit: at I Are Writer!, every single blog post will have the same three words, with only the date being changed the weekly basis. I would like to do this same for this one, but I'm a bit stuck on what to use....Aha! Just came up with the perfect phrase to use while I was writing this paragraph. Three cheers and a tiger for me (as Smokie the Genie would say)!
In other briefly assorted weekly news, of which a very small smidgen can be found at my other blog (of which you can leave a comment here for), I decided a few weeks ago to update/refresh my business cards. For those of you are new here, and that means since 2009 or so, this is what my business card initially looked like:
Over the years, I tweaked the blog addy and title, added a Facebook page, but basically kept the design the same. Since I decided that 2016 would be the year that I would get more serious about my writing, I decide to shake things up with my business card. Thus, it now looks like this:
In addition to changing the background, I removed the title of my general blog (but changed the addy), changed my Facebook addy, and put the addy of both book blogs on the back side). I tried to make it a little less cluttered, and I would like to think that I've succeeded.
Finally, another small irritating feature I found about with Tumblr. They do not have an immediate save/draft mode like you have on Blogger. As you well know, if you have a Blogger blog, you can have your draft post perpetually saved, either manually or automatically. That way, if your browser inexplicably says "F.U. I'm gonna throw a temper tantrum and lock you out", you won't lose what you spent oh, I don't know, thirty-five minutes writing. With Tumblr, you either have to wait it out, or copy/paste to a blank document, then nuke your browser (#1, open up Windows Task Manager; #2 Under the tab Processes, look for the image name iexplore.exe that has the most memory being used, #3, click on it; #4 click on End Process; #5, click yes).
Nuking your browser makes everything pretty much A-Ok. Same process works with Chrome or Firefox. That is, if you have a computer running on Windows. Do not what the process is with Apple, but I'm betting it's the same.
(c) 2016 BOOKS BY G.B. MILLER. All Rights Reserved.