April 1, 2014

And Thus Begins The A-Z Blogging Challenge, V 2.014: A Is For Author

Howdy do everyone! Today kicks off my participation in the 2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge (details of which can be found by clicking on the button to the right of this post). The overall theme for my part of the blogging challenge will be my journey and experiences related to writing. I hope you will enjoy this journey through 8 years worth of writing experiences.

I never really wanted to be an author while growing up. I was more than happy to be a perpetually funny guy doing verbal humor, verbal linguistics and verbal parodies of t.v. commercials. As an adult, I was content to simply continue the aforementioned verbal thingys, with my writing skills being strictly limited to writing business correspondence.

However, by late 2005 a singular event dramatically changed my life (what that was is between God and myself) and thus I entered the chaotic world of writing. Why, you might ask? Well, truth be told, the cheapest form of therapy is writing, so I started writing a rather bad novel and a ton of very bad longish stories. Four years and probably three hundred thousand words later, I finally became an author. Self-published, but still an author. After another year of so of exploring my inner sanctum, and other writer's blogs and stories, I decided to retool and reboot. In 2009, after much perseverance, I became a real author with a short story published in a very respectable e-zine called Beat To A Pulp. This was followed two years later with another short story published in a respectable e-zine which will be talked about later in the challenge, which was followed a year later by a novel published through a traditional publisher which will also be talked about later in the challenge.

While my current writing projects are temporarily on hold due to the real world (work) gumming things up for the past four months, I can proudly say that no matter what the future may hold, I can honestly and truthfully say that I am a genuine author.

(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

9 comments:

  1. I write but have never considered myself a writer. It's a title I give to those who have done something important although I have been writing for a long time. Guess it's time to change my way of thinking. I look forward to your take on writing. Dropping by on the A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done my friend with your letter "A". Now if only your name was Arthur:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Author I will call you but Arthur is still Dudley Moore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann: Thanks for stopping by.

    I felt that way for a long time myself, but no matter whether you write stories or write blog posts, you're still a writer.

    G.A.: Kind of like the character from "Cheers" Andy Andy, eh?

    Bearman: Absolutely! Love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ta da da da da! I'm doing the happy dance with you (except for the day job interfering! That is a definite down, down, down!)

    Glad to read of your successes. You are inspiring me!

    Happy A to Zing.

    Julie Jordan Scott
    A to Z Challenge Participant/2011,12,13,14.....
    The Bold Writer from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie: Thanks for commenting.

    And I'm glad someone will find me inspiring! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being published and on being a genuine author... And thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda: You're more than welcome and thanks for stopping by.

    M: Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.