March 14, 2014

Continuity Is A Good Thing?

Continuing on the theme, I'm still not my uncola self.

To whit: I have been death warmed over since early Wednesday and brain-toasted-to-a-natural-golden-brown since Thursday. While Wednesday featured all of the usual things that come with being sick (nightmares, muscular aches/weakness, pulled stomach muscles from saluting the porcelain gods twice, etc. etc. etc.), Thursday only featured moderate brain deadness and moving at the speed of slow.

Still, neither lack of good health or an abundance of ill health will stop me from churning out my requisite Friday blog post for everyone to peruse and ignore. So, let's get on with it.

Up first, a semi-special announcement. In the past few months, you may have heard me talk about either here or on Facebook about the grave injustice being done by Massachusetts DCF to Connecticut teenager Justina Pelletier. Long story short, she is being held hostage by DCF on trumped up charges of medical abuse. To date, her story has been pick up by the local major daily The Hartford Courant, the local Fox affiliate here CT, The Kelly Files on Fox News, Studio B with Shepard Smith on Fox, Glenn Beck's web show, as well as a mention by Governor Huckabee on his show, also on Fox.

You can now add Dr. Phil to the mix, as Lou and Jennifer Pelletier (Justina's dad and sister) will be appearing with Dr. Phil this coming Monday on his show. This is something that you certainly don't want to miss, so make sure that you DVR it if you can't watch it when it comes on.

Next, we have our blogging. As some of you may know, I decided to participate in the 2014 edition of the A-Z Blogging Challenge. To give you an update on my progress, I have 24 of the 26 letters pre-written, so it's the matter of copying and pasting. However, with the last two letters, Y & Z, I'm running out of steam/ideas for the letters, so Y may wind up being some kind of free form whimsy, while Z may be just a few videos of Warren Zevon.

Oh, and one more little factoid: I changed the templates to my other blogs, simply because Blogger will be eventually phasing out the classic template, so I figure no time like the present in moving forward.

On the writing front, just got socked with the inevitable rights revision offer with my debut novel. I kind of figure it was going to come, since not only is erotica tough to pimp, but Solstice seems to be moving away from that kind of stuff and sticking what is working for them best, which is westerns, YA and mystery/thrillers. I have nothing but good things to say in regards with Solstice, so right now the only thing I'm negotiating with this offer is the length of time, since my contract isn't due to expire for another year.

Finally, on a lighter note, a good Facebook friend Lana Gramlich (photog extraordinaire) turned me onto this nifty puzzle site run by The Puzzle Baron. This one happens to deal with logic puzzles, but they have links to other types of puzzles as well.

Hope your Friday is a goody.

(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been sick. Seems like a lot more sickness going around this year than in past years. I'm just now getting back to feeling to my old self.

    Glad you're doing the A to Z with us. You've got a good start. A few of those letters like Z do take some creative thinking.

    You should add some followers during April. We'll have to get that number up to at least 100.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've been unwell, G. I hope you are back to 100 percent quickly!

    I like the new look of the blog. I don't know why every site seems to think change is always required. But I guess we'd still be carving into stone tablets if we all had my attitude. :)

    Wishing you a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that "brain-toasted-to-a-natural-golden-brown" describes me since July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arlee: Thanks.

    I actually thought that the letters Q, U and X would give me fits, but it's the last two where I'm running out of steam. I'm hoping to add a few followers to the mix when all is said and done.

    Talon: Thanks.

    What prodded me to do it was reading about it on Blogger's unofficial (so to speak) blog. It's a pretty good source for finding out about all the things that are going on with Blogger. Right now, they're starting to drop support for the older technology/browsers, so I figure I might as well have my other blogs semi-up to date.

    G.A.: Now that, is either a good thing or a bad thing.

    Personally, I find that to be a good thing most of the time. Makes people deal with you on your terms instead of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, there are some nasty viruses making the rounds. I hope that you feel all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. S.R.: Thanks.

    The funny thing is that as I've gotten older, I've done a 180 in regards to getting sick.

    As a youngster, if got sick during the week, fantastic.

    At the ripe old age of 48 1/2, if I get sick during the week, it's a major inconvenience for me as I have to make up a ton of work when I get back to work. I would rather get sick on the weekend, where's it more convenient for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.