June 25, 2015

No Book For You! But We Do Have This Nice Consolation Prize Instead

That's right kids, no book for you! Why? Because we say so, that's why! Because we are the all knowing, all seeing, all encompassing, know it all, and what I say goes! Unless of course, it's opposite of what my wife says, then we ask for her permission to become our alter ego, then it's...

NO BOOK FOR YOU!!

In all seriousness though, we had minor hiccup on the road to publication this week. The cover needed to be ever so lightly tweaked as CreateSpace deemed it slightly unacceptable in its present form. With the cover being tweaked and the file being resubmitted, it ultimately passed with flying colors, much like my 3rd attempt at getting my driver's license*.

Once I get the sample copy (as per custom, the S&H cost more than the book) and give it the once over, I will unleash this bad boy to the world, most likely on Monday, for the wickedly low price of $6.99. However, next week, I will start accepting pre-orders for the low Books by G.B. Miller price of $6.12 ($5.75 + 6.35% sales tax). More details to follow on Monday.


Nikia, a demonic spirit escapee from Purgatory now residing peacefully above ground, is being blackmailed by Kevin to turn Keisha, the girl of his obsession, into the hottest toy of any male or female's wanton desires, so that he can ride to her rescue and make her beholden to him. A distress call sent out by Nikia's eldest prompts two archangels, Michael and Raphael, to answer the call. But can they arrive in time to save Nikia and Keisha from Kevin's lustful machinations? More importantly though, can a supreme demonic hellion from the bowels of Purgatory really turn her live around and do the right thing?



*The following snippet is a true recollection on how I got my driver's license.

Around 1982, after getting a bunch of driving lessons from mommy dearest (this is why I drive like a thug today), I went to my local DMV branch to get my driver's license. I failed the written exam when I got 6 out of 20 wrong (multiple choice where answer D was always wrong). Rescheduled, was forced to study on a family trip to West Virginia, and when I came back, aced the written. Failed the driving, when but 300 yards from the office, coming out of the side street, I looked left, looked right, and neglected to look left again. After the near miss and pulling into the parking lot at the office, the nice examiner politely informed that I did not pass go nor was I eligible to collect $200. Rescheduling once again, we again took more driving lessons from mommy dearest (thus solidifying my nascent reputation as a serious thug behind the wheel), and went off to take our driving test. This time we passed.

I should note that somewhere within those three tests, I almost hit a crossing guard on the way to the office. Yes, even back then I suffered from Self-Inflicted Stupidity Syndrome, although it was simply called, "being a dumbass teenager who wasn't paying attention to his driving.

(c) 2015 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

12 comments:

  1. glad I wasn't on the road with you back then, dude. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was a really good driver back then...:D

      Delete
  2. Well, seems you have a track record of third time's a charm! Unleash it on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bizarre track record to have, that is for sure.

      Delete
  3. At the end of the blurb I believe you mean" ...turn her life around..."
    Good lisnce tale. My niece had 6 road tests in Portland ME...n finally prevailed. I think the most important driving lesson is the "Close Call" when your heart thumps out of your chest n you TG you are still alive! Then you learn to be more vigilant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad part is that my son got his on the first try. Oh it was an exceptionally close call, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. I hope Michael and Raphael get some action too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both do, although Michael more than Raphael. :D

      Delete
  5. I hope your driving has improved since.

    After moving to California with over 20 years of driving experience behind me including a stint at "professional driving" I had to apply for a new license. I figured passing the test would be a cinch so I didn't study for the written test. I was humiliated in failing the first round. Needless to say I studied the driver's manual diligently and passed with 100% the next time around. Hate the DMV.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely. Now I drive like a thug on the highways. :D

      The DMV can be an adventure, that's for sure.

      Delete
  6. Glad you have the kinks worked out now.

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.