June 22, 2016

And The World Is Rectangular

So anyway, I was relaxing this past weekend, 'cause you know, like, I was taking vacation from reality. The sun was shining, it was drier than a dry martini and it was a good day for doing nothing. In fact, the weekend was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good for doing nuthin', that save for a continuation of THE UNKNOWN NOVELLA info dump at I Are Writer!, nuttin' is what I did.

And you darn well tootin' know that when I's has dun nuttin' in da way of bloggin', that we slipped on a banana peel to get jiggy wit it, but not fiddy cent. Ya's, I's knows, gettin' jiggy wit it is so 90's, but hey, what you see is often what you get: bad free form fiction.

All joking and seriously bad writing aside, I really did take a vacation this past weekend, as I had 3 1/2 days off from work. And my family really did give me peace and quiet for that weekend (a rarity as of late), and I actually made an honest attempt at reading a book of fiction (Dodgers by Bill Beverly) this weekend too.

But, to sound like a broken c.d. that skips repeatedly, I could not think of singular nifty topic to write about. At least, one that people would understand.

Seriously. Not. One. Singular. Nifty. Topic.

But, all hope is not lost, nor strictly abandoned.

To whit, younger child:


Is going to Lake Placid (yes, that Lake Placid, not this Lake Placid) this week to do some figure skating testing, and if you've ever watched even a smidgen of figure skating in the past 25 years, then you'll have a basic understanding of what I'm talking about. So the house will be sans younger child, and pretty much older child, who has turn the house into a basic pit stop for sleeping. And for those of you have childrens above the age of 15, you know what a blessing this will be.

And on another side note, I should in the next couple of weeks, have the cover for my short story anthology. The designer did a really fantastic job and I'm now toying with the idea of her redoing the cover to A Taste Of Pain.

So as you can see, this post wasn't a Little Joe (no, not the good blogger from the U.K., but if you click on the link, you'll know what I mean), but just the same, it took a lot of brain cells to get the job done.

(c) 2016 BOOKS BY G.B. MILLER. All Rights Reserved.

16 comments:

  1. Good luck to your daughter with her figure skating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hoping so as she really needs it this time.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And how. Now got a blessed quiet house for a few days.

      Delete
  3. Good luck to your daughter! Will she be wearing that giraffe outfit?
    Sounds like you have some peace and quiet coming your way - maybe a little writing. And bumming around is good sometimes. If we're productive all the time, we'll wear ourselves out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no giraffe outfit. I have no worries about wearing myself out 'cause I'm not that productive to begin with. :D

      Delete
  4. Betty White was so funny in the movie LAKE PLACID. Glad your daughter is not going where the giant crocodile lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad as well. Then again, those skating judges can be like crocodiles as well.

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you got a bit of R&R. Yes, I have children over the age of 15 and yes, my house is more or less a stopping point for them. Well, my oldest has graduated High School and is out living with his friends. My youngest just graduated too, but he has lived with his mother for the past year. This leaves the house more often than not, full of peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reveling in the quiet now. Younger child not due home until Sunday.

      Delete
  6. I'm very pro-doing-nothing this weekend. My leg is freshly stabbed (vein treatments) so that's my excuse for staying in and noodling the time away online and with my nose in a book.
    I was going to say that I pictured Jenelle skating in her giraffe onesie, but Alex beat me to that punchline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a fantastic weekend you're experiencing.

      Delete
  7. Just kind of curious about your most recent post. I saw no way to leave comments and no mention in your post that comments were closed (unless I was being really unobservant). Did you purposely close comments?

    I was just wondering because yours was about the 5th recent post on blogs where there was no way to comment and no mention that the blogger didn't want comments for that particular post.

    Is this an error on behalf of Blogger? Or is just a time of ennui where certain bloggers don't want to respond to comments or feel comments aren't warranted?

    Just wondering.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did purposely close comments. Blogger allows you the option of creating a post sans comments. As a rule, I don't write posts sans comments, and in fact, have done it less than 7 times since 2008.

      I decided to make my last two posts sans comments because on June 29th I was prepping to go on vacation July 2nd, so I didn't want people to comment and have it sit there for up to 2 weeks. Ditto for the post on July 6th.

      I just came back from vacation in the a.m. on July 10th, so I apologize for not clarifying my no comment blog posts.

      I don't know about other bloggers, but when I do it, it usually means I'm either on vacation or I'm taking a short cyber world hiatus to deal with some personal issues.

      I really do enjoy comments and I really do enjoy responding to comments.

      Delete
    2. Okay, that makes sense. I'm rarely away from my blog long enough for it to matter. Maybe over the next few weeks I'll have some of those times as I travel on my vacation, but usually in the motels at night or at my families's houses I have some internet time for catching up.

      Hope you're having a great summer.

      Arlee Bird
      Tossing It Out

      Delete
    3. Usually when I go on vaca, I'm in complete radio silence mode.

      And so far, I'm having a great summer. Thanks.

      Delete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.