February 10, 2016

My World Can Be Yours: 2/6/16

As always first, for your easy peasy lemon squeezy reading pleasure, a fresh post at I Are Writer!

And as always 2nd, a recap of the week.

To echo the post at I Are Writer!, no writing was to be had this past week, as obstacles too tiring to mention prevented me from doing so. However, on the bright side, I have a George Jetson work week this week.

To elaborate, during one particular episode of The Jetsons, George was complaining about how tough his work week was: three days per, three hours per day.

So for me, I'm taking a paid day off prior to Lincoln's B-day and a paid day off after President's Day. Which means that I'll have a six day vacation to recharge my batteries and what not. And to tell you the truth, I really need to recharge my batteries, as I seem to be suffering through some unwanted side effects to the previously mentioned Lyme Disease diagnosis.

But, enough of me yapping about my medical maladies, 'cause I'm pretty darn sure that you didn't come here to spend two minutes out of your very busy day to read my non-sexual moaning and groaning rant.

For those of you who can't access my Tumblr blog, it was mostly an apology post about not making time.

However, this week, I do plan on making time. Not for goofing off, 'cause I pretty much do that 24/7/365 when I'm not at work, but for writing.

For the past month or so, I've been trying like a dog in white-hot heat to get into some kind of groove with my writing, but like Fido there, I have not been crossing the plate to complete the home run. I have been doing little sacrifice bunts and infield fly rule pop ups, and quite frankly, it's getting quite tiresome to be a mediocre utility player.

So for this week, I'm going to do my damnedest to move out of my mediocrity and become a valuable asset to the team, so to speak. How, you may ask? By pursuing that tried and true philosophy of sitting ass in chair, moving chair to moldy-oldy computer and write. The minimum goal for the week is to complete chapter 3 of my untitled WiP.

And, the only distractions I plan on having this week, is to celebrate the wife's 54th b-day, and Valentine's Day (back-to-back).

So tune in next week, when I'll have a good writing update at I Are Writer!, as well as a better update here. And, I can promise you, no more of this until April:



(c) 2016 BOOKS BY G.B. MILLER. All Rights Reserved.

19 comments:

  1. I thought I read you are going to have a George Jetson workout this week. I thought, what the hell is that?? Now I'm just thinking, who the hell is George Jetson?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cult 1960's cartoon character from Hanna-Barbera. I kind of feel like him from time to time.

      Delete
  2. Your computer is moldy?
    But in chair. Make it happen.
    We're taking advantage of the extra day off and adding to it for a longer vacation. Much needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, it is.

      I have gobs of accrued time (plus a windfall from the state courtesy of a lawsuit settlement) that I really need to use. So what better way of using it than to stretch out a double holiday into a six day vaca.

      Delete
  3. glad you have some rest time coming to help you recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I really need it. It feels like for 2016 I've been slowly burning the candles at both end between work and home. This six day binge is just what the doctor ordered.

      Delete
  4. I are writer not enough this week too- Found Dragon book text- still can't find the illustrations I worked so hard on....
    Have a good Week-end with the hearts G!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you're making some progress with yours. A hearty congrats on that. And, I intend to have a very good weekend with the hearts.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, six days off! That's a good run of vacation. Lyme is tough. Take it easy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. I decided that for this year, I deserve to take as much vacation time as I can, regardless of whether I go anywhere or not.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you could pad some time around that holiday and have some time off. I'm sorry you are unwell.

    I have to work today, but traffic was very light - a treat in itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I don't do long vaca's around the holidays, as most holidays seem to fall during payweek. This time, it worked out perfectly as they fell during my off week, which is when I'm usually twiddling my thumbs trying to keep busy.

      Delete
  7. I guess being born around Valentines isn't as bad as being born at Xmas, but it's still a stack-up. I'm no fan of baseball, but I sure loved every moment of that video. It must have covered a span from the '30s to the '60s. Would that be about right, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it covered to Don Larson's perfect game in the 1956 World Series.

      I agree, Valentines isn't as bad as being born on Christmas, but I think what's worse is being a Leap Year baby, like my co-worker is.

      Delete
    2. "I think what's worse is being a Leap Year baby, like my co-worker is."

      I came close, my birthday being on March 1. I was born in 1949, which made me feel ever so much wiser and more mature than those poor schmucks who didn’t come along until the second half of the twentieth century. My wife, Peggy, wasn’t born until ’51, which, as everyone knows, was a very sexy year, and since she wasn’t born until a whole half century later than I, I still call her my nymphet.

      Delete
    3. P.S. I really like your daily lilies and statue. Did you know that you can take unopened day-lily flowers, bread them, and fry them in just a little oil. I did this a number a times during my Euell Gibbons period, and thought them very tasty—especially compared with insects, which had a bit of a disagreeable taste that a person had to ignore rather enjoy.

      Delete
    4. Thanks. The lilies bring a very nice peaceful feel to the backyard. Makes it match the rhythm of the mountain.

      Delete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.