July 23, 2014

Unplanned And Unscripted

When will I learn to start listening to the tiny voices inside my head that say, "Hey stupid! Ya better write that post in advance 'cause you ain't got time to formulate a normal one the day before!"

Over the weekend, the tiny voices inside my head were saying that repeatedly. But did I listen to the tiny voices?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

So here I's sit, a victim of my own stupidity. Or ego. Take your pick, they're both interchangeable. With no clue on what to write. Oh sure, I could write some snippy snippets that would supposedly make you smile with delight. Or snarl in your coffee. 'Course the former would probably be best achieved doing the either the horizontal bop or processing an oral transaction (keeping it clean here folks. as SpongeBob would say, "use your IMAGINATION"), while the later usually gets achieved within seconds after turning on your work computer.

Or maybe, write something so juicy that it'll make you think of that old SNL skit where the waiter asks, "You like the juice, eh? I get you more juice."

Or...or...or...I could write about the various things that are happening with me, but hey, after some 1300 total posts, do you really want to hear me bloviate about my personal health issues? However, because I'm such a mellow guy (???????), I'll give YOU three items to choose from, all of which I have covered ad nasuem on my other blog. Or not. Really now, did you think I was gonna torture you like that on HUMP DAY?????

Ore, ore, ore.....I could write about some nifty audiobooks that I had recent purchased. Reality check people: Those over priced audiobooks eventually make it to stores like Ocean State Job Lot, where you can save about 85% off the cover price. But, that would be another post for another time. Today's we'uns whimsical, not cereal.

Personally, my favorite cereal is any kind of bland (i.e corn flakes or generic rice krispies) cereal that costs me less than $1 a box. However, if I was going to eat cereal and not really give a flying saucer about the consequences, then I would prolly eat granola with lots of dried fruit.

Dried fruit. A lot of people have dried fruit. 'Course, a lot of people prolly didn't get a lot while they were younger, thus they gots dried fruit. Hey, I didn't say I was going to be funny today. Can't be funny 24/7/365. Unless you're the President. Then you can get a lot of laughs by uttering the words, "TRANSPARENCY!" and "DIVERSITY!" and "AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE FOR ALL!!!"

And that, my friends, is the end of my whimsy for today. Tune in next Friday when we hear Jack Palance ask, "And where do you think you're going?"



(c) 2014 by G.B. Miller. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. My favourite cereals are Shreddies and Muffets. The cereals of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I often wonder why I didn't listen to the tiny voices inside my head too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra: Most of the sugar cereals were my faves from childhood, although I was partial to Fruity Pebbles.

    Joey: Sometimes they do make sense, and other times, well...

    ReplyDelete

These days, the written word is to die for, so please leave a comment that shows me and everyone else the real you. All kinds of verbiage will be cheerfully accepted in the spirit it was written.